.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Cabot 36: Classic Blue Water Sailor

A site to celebrate this great Canadian passage maker.

Friday, September 24, 2010

ANOTHER RUDDER GONE BAD

I lost control of my steering on a wonderfully blustery day recently and had the boat hauled; I've now received the unwelcome news today that the webbing on my rudder is gone. I'm headed for the local boatyard next week to look at the situation up close and personal and get their estimate advice on the repair. I have plenty of experience with ambitious epoxy repairs, and have studied the helpful materials posted on this site, but remain reluctant to tackle the project on my own. I would welcome any advice on how to proceed...

Chuck Goodrich
good5buck@gmail.com

PS -- My new holding tank is working out great; thanks to those who provided advice on that project last winter....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home