.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Cabot 36: Classic Blue Water Sailor

A site to celebrate this great Canadian passage maker.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Hull #14 Bold Venture


July 2007. Just received this picture of Bold Venture, now owned and being sailed in Antigua by Jan Johansson. This was also first owned by Roy Mac Keen, who led the team at Cabotcraft Industries back in the late 70s. Glad to have Jan in contact - and Bold Venture. I think there is another pic of BV posted on the blog, but the two Jan has sent are current and in better light.

Here's Jan's quick summary of travels so far. It started in Antigua on June 1, 1999. I left for Sweden, stopped at the Azores and England before going through the Kiel Canal into the Baltic Sea and KALMAR, where I stayed 2 years working on the boat and raising money.

I left Sweden Holy 2001 together with a Swedish girlfriend and sailed to the Mediterranean through the Kiel Canal, Bay of Biscay and the Straits of Gibraltar. We stayed one winter in the Mediterranean and then continued to the Canary Islands where I worked for two years.

I left Las Palmas (Canary Islands) single handed in January 2004 for Cape Verde Islands, across the South Atlantic to the Brazilian Archipelago of Fernando de Noronha, Salvador, Rio de Janeiro and then on to Buenos Aires, Argentina and many other places.

I left Brazil again in November last year (2006) for the West Indies where I am now working on St. Barth."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home